There is something of a convention whereby if it is Italian and has beans then it is Tuscan. I found this lovely Tuscan salad in some or other place, made it, photographed it and then forgot where the heck it came from. Trust me that it is lovely and perfect for a summer BBQ.
- Equal visual quantities (e.g. handfuls of):
- Tuna, cooked and drained (e.g. canned in brine or oil, or fried fresh and flaked)
- Red pepper, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Spring onions, chopped
- Canned Cannelini beans, drained
- Red onion, chopped
- 12-ish fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Combine all the main ingredients.
Drizzle over with olive oil, season, add a squeeze of lemon juice and toss.
Scatter over with torn basil.